Welcome to Smalltalks 2011
November 3, 4 and 5
Universidad Nacional de Quilmes
Roque Saenz Peña 352 - Bernal - Buenos Aires - Argentina
The Fundación Argentina de Smalltalk (FAST) proudly invites you to participate in the fifth edition of one of the most exciting Smalltalk conferences around
Smalltakers from every corner of the world will attend this international event. Outstanding guest personalities from the community will deliver the conference keynotes. This is an opportunity you do not want to miss!
Smalltalks 2011 will feature a research track for papers, complete with published proceedings and an outstanding program commitee. As always, the conference will also feature an industry track for those preferring a more informal setting.
Quilmes Apart Hotel: http://www.quilmesaparthotel.com.ar/
Hotel Prince: http://www.princehotel.com.ar/
Apartments for short term rent: http://www.yes-apartments.com/
- Contact Daniel Forster at daniel <at> yes-apartments <dot> com and mention you are attending "Smalltalks 2011 in UNQuilmes" and get a 5% discount in the price. Note: Daniel Forster is not part of the conference organization.
- f you choose this option, consider to rent an apartment in the center of Buenos Aires (close to Obelisco) to facilitate travel to the conference site in Universidad Nacional de Quilmes (Bernal).
For international attendees: if you need help with accommodation reservations, please contact Emilio Oca (emiliooca <at> gmail <dot> com)
For national attendees: if you need help with accommodation, please contact Santiago Bragagnolo (santiagobragagnolo <at> gmail <dot> com).
How to arrive in Universidad Nacional de Quilmes
There are several possibilities (ARS means pesos argentinos):
- Minibuses from Correo Central (Av. Corrientes between Av. Leandro N. Alem and Bouchard). The ticket costs -around- ARS 12 and the stop is Lebensohn and Dean Funes in Bernal, which is two blocks from the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes. The trip takes around 20 min. You should ask for "Universidad Nacional de Quilmes" to the driver. The trip is paid when you get off the minibus in Bernal.
- Public Bus 159 B/G (Bernal). It leaves from Av. Corrientes and Av. Eduardo Madero and has several stops through Av. Paseo Colón. The ticket costs between ARS 1.75 and ARS 2.75. The trip takes around 20/30 min and you should get off in front of the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes.
- The conference organization is negotiating with some minibus companies to facilitate the commute to the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes from Capital Federal.